Everyone live their life in different way and I believe, no way is good or bad. It’s a choice that one makes on how to live their life. Recently few incidents happened that made me dive into my past and I realized that there are so many things that life is short to deal with. To me below are some of them and I am only speaking for myself but many may able to relate.
- Life is too short to wait – There are so many things I want to do. Some are big, that needs planning, resources and other arrangements but some are doable. I am here in U.S.A and my family is in India. I should talk to my friends and family in India. If I am not calling at least I should pick up when someone calls me. But I am bad at this. I keep on halting and saying let’s call tomorrow. Last year I lost my uncle, and I didn’t get a chance to talk to him before he died. Now all I think is I should have talked to him when I wanted to. We can wait for as long as we want, but time doesn’t wait for us.
- Life is too short to regret – Everyone make mistakes and screw up sometimes ,but regretting those decisions would only hold you back. Move on with your life and go on with your present for a beautiful future. Even if you have made a bad decision in your past that you regret now. Just think it in a way- at that time it may be the best decision you could have come up with. Life is precious and shouldn’t be wasted on things like regretting. Learn your lessons and move forward.
- Life is too short to hate – First thing first, Hate is very strong word and I am saying that because it takes a lot to hate someone. When you hate someone, you are giving them some space in your life. If you think you hate someone, you are making your own life complicated. It will affect your mental peace. On the other hand, other person might be enjoying his/her life with family, relaxing on a beach or having the best time. Now ask yourself one more time, does hating that person worth it? You don’t like someone or having difference of opinion, Just move on and live your life.
- Life is too short to be stressed – In my opinion, there are only two kinds of situations. One that we can control and other that we can’t. I learnt that stress won’t help you in any of these. When you have no control over situation, there is nothing you can do. My daughter got sick few weeks back. Seeing your child suffering from even cold is miserable. I was feeling very dull and stressed. But when my daughter said ‘Mumma why are you so sad’ then I realized that If I will be happy my baby will be happy too. So do what you can do best and then go with the flow 🙂 .
- Life is too short to think about ‘What others will think’ – With this, I don’t mean that do things without giving it a thought, but don’t over think. The feeling when you want to do something, but your mind says “What others would think?” “What people will say?” what if? What that? and so on and on. Give it a break. It’s their job to think not yours .You cannot control what they would think. It’s your responsibility to fulfill your wishes. Only person whose thinking matters here is you. That’s it. Don’t change your mind just by thinking about other people’s opinion about your wishes.
As I said before, this is just me. All I want to convey here is that we all get one life and why shouldn’t we live it to the fullest. Travel, Read, Drink your coffee when it’s hot, sleep for 10 hours, Party till next day, Love, Talk, Share, Smile, Laugh or do something that makes you happy or lifts you up. It might be tough to stay happy all the time, but it’s definitely easier than staying dull all the time. If you are feeling sad, share your feelings with someone. If you don’t have that someone, share it with yourself. But try to finish it before it overtakes so much time of your precious life.